Friday, April 25, 2008

Rhode Island

We got back last night from our 2 day excursion to Rhode Island. Max had a lot of fun! Needless to say, I'm pooped. Max, Mason & I went to the Roger Williams Zoo Wednesday morning which he loved!





After the zoo we putted around for a while, went back to the hotel, had a snack, went to pick up Ray at work and then it was off to my Aunt Joan & Uncle Rob's house for some dinner! We had a nice visit with them! (I know you look at this blog often - so THANK YOU!!)


** That night Mason slept pretty much through the night!!! 8:30pm-5am!! We're getting there!!


The next day we all got up early dropped Ray off at work and the boys and I headed to the YMCA in North Attleboro (where Aunt Crystal works) where Max had a 3 hour gymnastics/sports/arts and crafts mini camp with his buddy Stone. He LOVED IT! While Max did this Mason and I went to a nearby mall where I got my walk in for the day. (and spent a little money - whoops!) Then it was back to pick up Max and to have lunch with Crystal and Stone.






Then we were homeless, no hotel to go back to but 4 hours to kill. Ugh - so we went to another mall, got an ice cream and walked around. That got old REAL fast so we went on a hunt for a playground - we found one but it was a bit advanced for Max but at this point moving all the luggage around to get the stroller in and out of the car wasn't an option so I timed him about 9000 times running around the fence.


So all in all the trip was nice, it was a change of pace which we all needed but between the "are we almost there yet", "I don't want to go in the car again", "Mason has a poop!", "That hurts my ears (referring to Mason crying in the backseat), "I have to pee", "I need to have a break and stretch my legs", "my belly hurts", "I want a snack," "I'm bored", "My legs hurt from walking"...it goes on and one but this may help paint the picture of our car ride home last night...


That's a USA Today newspaper that Max destroyed, I didn't get a picture of it when it was totally in shreds, in the backseat on the way home. We chose not to pick this battle and let him do it - he'd already been in the car on and off all day and he desperately needed SOMETHING to do!

When we finally got home and there was silence (ahhhh!)...Ray & I looked at each other and said - "Martha's Vineyard next week? HELL NO!" So the boys and I will be staying back and Ray will be making the trip alone. :-)

No comments: