Thursday, February 14, 2008

Another Ultrasound

First - Happy Valentines Day!

Yesterday I had another Ultrasound to monitor the size of the baby. He's estimated to be about 8lbs. 7oz at this point. As of yesterday I was 37 weeks and 3 days however I am measuring at 40 weeks 2 days. (but that's on average for someone who has a 7 1/2 pound baby...lord knows that's not me!) So at this point I'm not quite sure what they have planned for me. Yesterday was strictly the Ultrasound and tomorrow is my weekly appointment, which I won't be seeing my regular Doctor I'll be seeing the nurse practioner so I doubt she'll be able to make any executive decisions as to what the next step may be, that is if there is a step other than lettting him come on his own. So we may not have answers until sometime next week. Which is actually fine with me. I'd like to wait a least another week for a few reasons.

1.) I don't want him to share a birthday with me (2/19). What kid wants to share a birthday with his mom, you know?
2.) Ray's traveling to Webster, MA on Tuesday for work so certainly don't want to go into labor then!
3.) The rug for the baby's room isn't scheduled to be installed until the week of the 25th so we very well could have a baby before his room is ready!

Here are a few photos (4-D) from the Ultrasound yesterday...if you can't figure it out it's a close up of his face and his hand is in his mouth. Pretty cool!!


So that's the update for now...we'll be sure to keep this updated in the coming days/weeks!

3 comments:

Tobes said...

You may still go on your own this early. I had both kids at 37 weeks!

What's up with the Marstons said...

WOW! That is amazing how clear that ultrasound is! Won't be long now...hang in there!

Tobes said...

Any new news yet? I can't beleive how big Max is now! Is he excited?